A List for the Near or Extended Future

7.18.2011

In the near and/or extended future, I want to...

...run a marathon (stipulation: I must find a legit running partner; I have no intentions of training for a marathon by myself)
...buy a nice camera and learn to take great photographs (I recently learned that my brother [featured in my latest Flashback Friday post] bought a nice camera and is currently practicing the art of taking great photographs. I am trying not to be jealous.)
...travel to England
...write a novel

Also,

1. I've been on a major crafty kick lately. This weekend I may or may not have started on my wedding scrapbook. And I may or may not have worked on it for a long time [read: 7 hours] without accomplishing much.
And when I say without accomplishing much, I mean I completed one spread. 

I would feel like a total nerd and lament the loss of my Saturday afternoon, but I love scrapbooking and therefore feel okay about it. I plan to post a picture of the aforementioned spread at some point. First, though, I need to buy photo stickies that actually stick. Apparently they begin to lose their stickiness after months of non use.

[p.s. I feel pressure, put on by myself, because this is my wedding scrapbook, and it has to look good. I mean really good. And it will.]


2. After I finish Bonhoeffer (and post a review on this blog so you can decide for yourself if it's worth your time), I'm going to read Monsters of Florence. After that, I have decided the time has come to read the Harry Potter series. I have, however, also decided that I would like to give George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series a go, just to see what all the talk is about. So at some point in the near future, I will be starting a series of some sort. Which series is TBD, though from what I've heard about George R.R. Martin, I would do well to read HP first, because those books are a much quicker read.

3. In August, I am toying with the idea of trying a blog-type experiment where I blog every day for the entire month. I might have a topic in mind, or maybe I'll just post a photo, but I want to challenge myself to blog daily and see where that takes me.


4. Pending an unforeseen emergency-type event, where it would be necessary for me to rapidly deplete my savings, I will have my car paid off in full by December 2011. Hopefully before, but I'm starting with (what I consider at this point to be) a conservative estimate. 

Hurrah for six-month goals! 
Who says you can only set goals for yourself at New Years? 


Okay, so maybe no one says that. But if anyone did say it, they would be wrong.



Caitlin said...

Oh my gosh, I have so many comments on this one!

Okay, so first of all, you can totally run a marathon and I'm hear to talk anytime about training!

I also completely understand your scrapbooking perspective. It took me FIVE YEARS to finish my AmeriCorps scrapbook as each page took hours.

I can not imagine you will regret getting into Harry Potter. It is a bit hard to get sucked in right away, but when you do, it will happen in a big way.

So, basically, I am in support of your goals. :)

・ DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS